Tabs

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Ode to a beautiful basic: the Gap essential short-sleeve crew T

Once I find a good quality, well-priced wardrobe basic I love, I tend to stock up on it in a variety of colours. Friends and family have often laughed at me for constantly appearing in the same skirt or pair of jeans in a variety of shades or washes! But if I love the way something looks and feels I just want to wear it again and again.

When spring and summer roll around (or at least as we get closer to it - it snowed here today!) I always find myself searching for new tees in bright colours. Last summer's offerings seem a bit washed-out and misshapen by this point and I want something fresh and crisp-looking. Enter this year's tee:


Soft, lightweight cotton and its easy shape hang really nicely and its length is perfect for wearing with skinny jeans, or anything really. The neckline is ideal for me as my toddler son is always pulling at my collars, so I like to wear them higher these days! I got these 2 reduced to around £6 each in a Gap store in Glasgow, which I thought was a bargain. Tried them on at home and decided I may need more and to my delight when I looked online yesterday these were going for £2.98 each. Surely a mistake? But I ordered 4 more colours and my order seemed to go through ok, so perhaps it was meant to be!

The tees are available here, currently priced at £5.97, and the colours shown in my photo are the neon blue and neon pink. Soft neons rather than all out day-glo, I'd say, so they work with my pale skin. Oh naughty Gap - that's another great basic you've got me hooked on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x