Tabs

Friday 17 May 2013

Topshop pocket dress and other goodies

It was a gloriously warm and sunny day today. Does the apparent change in seasons make anyone else want to go shopping? I had a few presents to buy and I wanted to get a couple of summery items for myself too. Here's what I bought:
Summerish attire: Navy vest from Dorothy Perkins, coral and gold necklace from Accessorize, pink pocket dress from Topshop.
I'd wanted to buy a bright cotton dress for the summer and found this one in Toppers which is a nice shape and easy to wear. You can see it better here on the Topshop website. I think I should really start wearing slightly longer dresses for the practical purposes of being mother to a small child, but I really liked this even though it may be a teeny bit on the short side. I do love this shape of dress with its cinched waist which is flattering for most of us lady types.
This is just a basic navy vest which I wanted to go with a few skirts I have. I'm often tempted to wear lovely slenderising black on top but navy blue can look a bit softer against pale skin like mine! See it here at Dorothy Perkins.
I thought this necklace was so pretty and would go with anything. My sister said the coral and gold are my colours - I do love these colours and the bridesmaids were dressed in them at my wedding! So I'm sure I'll get plenty of wear from this. It's available here at Accessorize in the turquoise version; I couldn't find the coral one online.
The rest of my shopping was gifts, so I won't reveal those here, but the last thing I picked up was a No.7 powder from Boots. I have used this powder for years and it's brilliant. Having very oily skin, I have tried just about every powder and this is my fave one out there - even better than its counterparts from Chanel and Dior - gasp! So if you're in the market for a new pressed powder to keep summer shine at bay, do try this. No.7 Perfect Light Pressed Powder in the Translucent shade. Luckily I had one of those nice wee No.7 vouchers that come out periodically and make their products even more reasonably priced.

So I've had a nice little day of shopping in the sun. Have you supplemented your summer wardrobe recently too? I'd love to hear about it!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x