Tabs

Sunday 22 September 2013

Low carb eating: cauliflower rice

Do you see a pattern emerging with my food posts?! Eating a lower carb diet for a few days is something I like to do when I'm feeling a bit sluggish or when I've had a particularly indulgent weekend/holiday! I just discovered cauliflower rice thanks to Jamie Oliver's 'Jamie's Money Saving Meals' and it's a great, filling alternative to rice if you're eating a low carb diet or counting calories. For one portion, I used a couple of handfuls of cauliflower florets, blitzed to a 'ricey' texture in the food processor, then cooked on full power in the microwave for one minute in a covered microwaveable container. Your 'rice' should come out piping hot and steaming. This works really well as an alternative to rice when served with curries, stews, chilli con carne, etc. It tastes fairly bland so it's good when paired with with tasty sauces and bold flavours, just like ordinary rice. I fed this to my mum and dad with a curry and they loved it (at least that's what they said!) Have you tried cauliflower rice?


I'm linking up with Tasty Tuesdays:


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up lovely. Wow never thought of that! That Jamie is one clever dude! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki. It works surprisingly well! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks your sharing the tips and your experience about weight loss in your own way. You can go to my video for watching and learn new experience: Low carb eating- help you lower your weight easily and fast

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x