Tabs

Tuesday 25 February 2014

The Sublime Bump: 14 weeks!

Welcome to a new series of pregnancy updates. This pregnancy has not exactly been what I can call 'sublime' so far, but I'm hoping that this week I've hit a turning point: yesterday and today I feel as if I've been emerging from the fog of morning sickness. I'm feeling very excited and hopeful!

A lot of expectant mum bloggers chart their weight gain on their blogs which I think is very brave! But I have made the conscious decision not to weigh myself during both of my pregnancies. This is just because I don't want to stress myself about what I'm gaining or not gaining. As long as I feel I'm eating right and my midwives are happy with my weight, I take that as a good sign! And I seem to have big babies (judging by last time) so I think that's a decent excuse for becoming pretty massive!

At 14 weeks baby is about the size of a lemon. My placenta should have taken over production of hormones for baby by now, which is a big reason for me starting to feel better. You can see in the lower picture that I'm starting to develop a bump, which is always a nice stage because the fact of your pregnancy starts to feel even more real when it becomes visible to the world. I'm definitely feeling most comfortable in my maternity jeans now and in the pictures I'm wearing Topshop Leigh maternity jeans.

Symptoms I'm having are just minor things like waking up in the night to go to the loo and slightly restless legs. I'm also needing to eat snacks regularly to stave off nausea.

Generally I am just feeling so happy and excited about this pregnancy. I feel like I'll really be able to enjoy this second trimester and I can't wait to get out and see my friends again now that things are improving.





2 comments:

  1. You can see in your face that you feel better! Hopefully you & your little lemon are over the worst of it now! Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am feeling like a new woman now! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x