Tabs

Friday 28 March 2014

The Sublime Bump: 18 weeks

My ordinary clothes are being gradually shifted to the back of the wardrobe now that I have this big 18 week bump. My bump photo this week shows how tight my winter coat has become, and it's still a bit too chilly outside for wearing my coats unbuttoned. More sun please!

At 18 weeks, baby is about the size of a sweet potato/5.6 inches long. Symptoms wise I've been ok, but I did feel a bit unwell at the weekend. I had swollen glands and a sore throat, which thankfully didn't develop into anything too bad but I've been trying to take it easy because my immune system clearly isn't as great as usual. I've found myself having to get up slowly when I've been sitting or lying down as I can get dizzy. I think this is due to low blood pressure which I also had last time.

Pregnancy cravings have been getting more interesting. I've become absolutely mad for peanut butter. I want to put it on everything including cheese sandwiches and cucumber, which is definitely not something that would normally appeal to me! V has jumped on this bandwagon with me and we have our peanut-buttered toast together in the mornings for breakfast. I'm glad to be indulged by my little companion! Other food I'm craving is anything spicy, especially curries. This evening I tried a new Madhur Jaffrey recipe for green coriander chicken, interestingly a Kenyan curry recipe. I added extra chillies to give it the desired kick and it was a bit different and really delicious. I found a link here to the recipe on another blog if you're interested, and I can heartily recommend Madhur Jaffrey's Ultimate Curry Bible as a great recipe book. Oh and I'm also addicted to salt and vinegar flavoured rice cakes. And lemon! It's no wonder my son likes sharp and spicy flavours - these are what I really crave when pregnant and I was a real curry addict when I was carrying him.

This week I'm extra happy because my husband is now off work for a few weeks. Relaxation and pampering time is mine at last while R takes over some of the parental and domestic duties! Bliss.



4 comments:

  1. Your bump is looking great! :)

    So glad everything is going well and you can indulge in some of your food cravings! I have to say that peanut butter sounds like quite a healthy craving actually, lucky! :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah. Congrats on the bump! :-) I love your blog and I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Here's the info: http://purplehouseblog.wordpress.com/2014/04/09/the-liebster-award-a-warm-fuzzy-for-new-bloggers/
    Participation is optional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Sondra, btw. I use wordpress so my avatar didn't show up.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sondra! I had a look at your blog - it's great! Thanks so much for the award. I did one a little while ago so I won't do the nominations again but I will answer your questions because it's always fun to take part! xxx

      Delete

I love reading your comments, so please do share your thoughts! x